Webex is a software solution for video conferencing, online meetings and webinars.
You require a computer/laptop with internet access or telephone connectivity to participate in a Webex call.
- You will be sent an email with meeting information such as: meeting number (access code), date, time, and who initiated the meeting. If the meeting has a required password, it will be included in this mail;
- Click Join meeting in the body of the email.
- 1.You can join the meeting in different ways, like from your computer, mobile device, phone or video system. Your invite includes the options available to you for that particular meeting.
- 2.If you choose to join the conference using a phone, you will need to call into the meeting. Dial the number provided in the mail and then use the access code and Attendee ID to connect when prompted.
- 3.If you choose to use your computer for audio, click Call using computer. You will have the opportunity to test your microphone and headset/speakers before connecting to the conference.
When you are connected, you will see the following window. Some of the controls and options are available only to the presenter.
- 1.Under the Chat Window, click the drop-down box. Here you can select who can view your message;
2. Click on the name of the person you would like to privately chat with;
3. Type your message and press send.
Private chats are displayed in the same box as public chats, but only those involved with the private chat will see your message.
You can raise your hand by first clicking on Participants button at the bottom of the window and then on a small hand icon next to your name in the participants list.
Raise Hand Function
You can disable or enable video by clicking on the video icon
You can mute or unmute you by clicking on microphone icon
You can also share the content by clicking on the following icon
If you want to schedule a meeting, please select Meetings in the menu on the left side
After going to Meetings click on Schedule on the right side
Complete all the necessary fields and click on Schedule at the bottom of the form. You will receive an email confirmation by email.
Scheduling an event
You should consider saving your meeting as a template so that you can replicate desired preferences for future meetings.
You can start the meeting either from the email you have received or signing in your Webex account and selecting the scheduled meeting under Meetings.
Breakout sessions can be used to place your attendees into smaller groups. Detailed information on how to create sessions, assign attendees to them, etc. can be found here.
- If you create breakout sessions automatically, attendees will be assigned randomly. You need to create session's manually and identify presenters and participants for each breakout sessions.
- At any time during a session you can specify that attendees can start breakout sessions with all attendees/participants, only the session host, only the presenter or any other attendee privately. You can remove breakout session privileges at any time.
- There are four breakout session privileges that can be granted to all attendees: host, presenter, panelists, all attendees.
- The host or the presenter always have all breakout session privileges, regardless of the breakout session privileges that other attendees have.
Mute participants that are not speaking. Disable video of participants who have poor audio quality.
- 1.Encourage meeting participants to switch on their videos especially when they are speaking. The host can prompt a participant to start video sharing. Disable video to block unwanted, distracting, or inappropriate gestures on video.
- 2.Encourage participants to use the Raise hand feature when they want to make interventions
- 1.Do not share meeting ID on social media or on public sites
- 2.Ensure that each meeting has a password
- 3.Enable waiting room to control who is allowed into the meeting
- 5.Remove unwanted or disruptive participants. From that Participants menu, you can mouse over a participant’s name, and several options will appear, including Remove and Put in lobby. Click Remove to kick someone out of the meeting. If this is not responding use the Put in Waiting Room option.
Enable meeting registration. This will allow you to restrict participation to people who have registered for the meeting. Find out more
Create and save meeting templates to ensure that you have all the required settings for each type of meeting. Find out more
- 1.Enable file transfer via the chat area to allow participants to share files and resources during the meeting. Find out more
- 2.Limit the types of files that participants can share. See the hint below for the recommended file extensions
Polling option can be used to create and share questionnaires. More detailed information can be found here
You can make notes during the meeting selecting Notes under More Options icon.