Microsoft Teams doesn’t currently support signing in with multiple accounts. The app supports only a single signed-in account.
- 1.Start Teams
- 1.In Windows, click Start.> Microsoft Teams.
- 2.On Mac, go to the Applications folder and click Microsoft Teams.
- 3.On mobile, tap the Teams icon.
- 2.Sign in with your Office 365 username and password.
Once you are invited to join a team you will receive an email notification. To either accept or decline please click on the invite then you will be redirected to the team’s configuration page in the Teams tab. Click Accept or Decline
If you want to leave a team, hover over the team in the teams list and click Leave to the right.
Note that a team owner can leave the team only if another team member has ownership rights.
- 1.Click Teamson the left side of the app, then click Join or create a team at the bottom of your teams list.
- 2.Go to Join a team with a code (the second tile), paste the code in the Enter code box, and click Join.
A team is a collection of people, conversations, files, and tools — all in one place. A channel is a discussion in a team, dedicated to a department, project, or topic.
Channels are where the work actually gets done—where text, audio, and video conversations open to the whole team happen, where files are shared, and where apps are added.
- 1.Select Teamson the left side of the app and then pick a team.If you're not on a team and want to create one.
- 2.Select a channel and explore the Conversations, Files, and other tabs.
- 1.Select Teams > Join or create a team.This is where you create your own team, or discover existing ones.
- 2.Select Create a new team, and then select Build a team from scratch or select Create from... to build an all-new team or create from an existing group respectively.
- 3.Select Private if you'd like people to request permission to join, or select Public if anyone in your org can join.
- 4.Give the team a name and add a short description if you'd like.
- 5.Select Create.
- 6.Add members.
- You can add people, groups, or even entire contact groups.
- If you need to add people from outside the organisation, use their email address to invite them as guests. Add a friendly display name for them too.
- 7.When you're done adding members, select Add and then Close.
By default, every team gets a General channel, which is a good channel to use for announcements and information the whole team needs. To add more channels:
- 1.SelectMore options... next to the team name.
- 2.Select Add channel.
- 3.Enter a name and description for your channel.You can build a channel around a topic, project, department name, or whatever you like.
- 4.Select Automatically show this channel in everyone's channel list if you want this channel to be automatically visible in everyone's channel list.
- 5.Select Add.
- 1.SelectMore options... next to the team name.
- 2.Select Manage team to find Members, Channels, Settings, and Apps for your team all in one place.
- 3.Select Settings > Team picture to add a team picture and give your team some personality.
Each channel has its own file folder where you can share files for that specific channel. To access that folder go to the channel and select the Files tab above the conversation window.
Note: Make sure to use the Files tab at the top of the channel conversation window instead of the Files button on the left side of the app. That button gives you access to ALL of your cloud files, rather than just the files for a specific channel.
In the library you can upload existing files or create new ones. When you upload a file, it creates a copy in Teams.
There are two primary ways to upload existing files into your library. Both methods start by going to the files folder for your channel and both methods, by default, upload copies of your files to the channel file folder.
- Drag and drop - Using your mouse, drag the file from where it's currently located and drop it on the Teams window among the files.
- Upload - Select Upload, then select the file (or files) you'd like to upload, and select Open.
Create or upload a new file to your channel's files library
Any files you upload will be accessible by any member of your team. And just like in SharePoint, you can pin specific files to the top of your list for easy access.
To create a Word, PowerPoint, or Excel document in Teams, select New, then select the kind of file you'd like to create. The new file will open in Teams so you can begin editing it, and if you'd prefer to work in the desktop version of the app, select Open in Desktop App at the top of the app, in the middle of the ribbon.
As soon as it's created your new file will be available for your team members to edit as well.
Files uploaded and shared to a team are accessible to every member of the Team. In Office for the web, Office for Android or iOS, or the latest applications from Office 365, you and your team members can co-edit Word, PowerPoint, or Excel documents, or comment on Visio files. No need to check files out or worry about if one of your colleagues has the document open. Just open the file you need to edit and if other team members are editing it to your changes will be seamlessly merged as you work.
If the file is a Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Visio file, the easiest way to share it is to open the file in its corresponding Office for the web or desktop app. Select Share at the top right corner of the window. From there enter the aliases or email addresses of people you want to email the file link, or select Copy Link to choose where you share the link.
Important: To share with someone outside your team you'll have to open the file in Office for the web or Office desktop app.
If you want to share with people outside your organization you may have to select the permissions drop-down (right above where you add the people you want to share with) and select that Specific People can access the file.
- 1.On the Microsoft 365 app launcher, select SharePoint or Teams, and then select the site with the files you want to sync.
- 2.Select Documents or navigate to the subfolder you want to sync.
- 3.Select Sync. (You only need to do this once on a computer to set up syncing on that computer. After you set up syncing, the files sync automatically.)
4. If your browser requests permission to use "Microsoft OneDrive," confirm that this is okay.
The files then sync to a folder on your PC that has the organization (United Nations). This folder is automatically added to the left pane in File Explorer. You can’t select to sync to a different location.
Below are steps to follow to change the folders that sync for the site, or to stop syncing all files on the site:
- 1.Select the blue OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.
(You may need to select the Show hidden icons arrow
next to the notification area for the OneDrive icon to appear. If the icon doesn't appear in the notification area, OneDrive might not be running. Select Start., enter OneDrive in the search box, and then select OneDrive in the search results.)
2. Select More > Settings.
3. To see a list of all your syncing sites, select the Account tab.
4. To change the folders that you're syncing, select Choose folders for that library, and then select the folders that you want to sync. To stop syncing a site, select Stop sync next to the site. (Copies of the files remain on your computer. You can delete them if you want.)
You start one-on-one and group chats the same way: by selecting New chat
at the top of your chat list.
Once you've selected New chat
and entered the person’s name, compose your message in the box at the bottom of the chat. To open your formatting options, select Format
beneath the box where you type your message.
Select Format to expand the box.
When you're ready, select Send
. This starts the chat.
You can also start a one-on-one chat from someone's profile card. Open it by clicking their picture in a channel or from a search.
Start one the same way you start a one-on-one chat: select New chat
at the top of your chat list. Select the down arrow to the far right of the To field and type a name for the chat in the Group name field. Then, type the names of the people you’d like to add in the To field.
Name a group chat in Teams.
You can include up to 100 people in a group chat.
To loop more people into the conversation, just click Add people
(or View and add participants in group chat) in the top right corner of Teams. Then, type the names of the people you'd like to chat with, select how much of the chat history to include, and click Add.
Note: When adding someone to a group chat (not a one-on-one), you can include the chat history.
Chat history in Teams
Teams will save the whole chat history, all the way back to the first message. And if someone leaves the group, their chat responses are still there in your chat history.
To see who’s in a group chat, hover over the number of participants in the chat header to show a list of everyone’s names.
Participants list in a chat header