Comment on page
A cloud-based service used to store, organize, share, and access information from any device. There are two types of SharePoint site templates: Team site for collaboration and Communication site for
SharePoint Online is a web-based platform designed to enhance collaboration through cloud storage, content management and data sharing. It allows users to access internal sites, documents, and other information from anywhere on the web.
It is different from OneDrive – your personal space. SharePoint Online sites are created to store files and folders that you want to share with colleagues within the Organization. To improve teamwork with colleagues, you can also customize your SharePoint sites by setting up document libraries, resource lists, team calendars as well as news sections.
- Access and edit Office 365 files such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote from anywhere
- Collaborate with colleagues more effectively and stay connected through the entire project life cycle more easily
- Store and access files from one location, ensuring you and colleagues have the latest updates
- Files are accessible from anywhere on any connected device
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office allows document editing on the browser
- Allows for concurrent document collaboration among colleagues
- Provides ability to track, view and roll back to a document’s previous version
- Search option available throughout the site and results are organized into sites, files, and people
- Provides option to customize your own SharePoint Online space
- Provides business owners with ability to maintain roles and access for secure collaboration
Microsoft Teams is primarily a chat-based workspace that enables real-time collaboration and communication among team members. It provides a platform for chat-based discussions, file sharing, video and audio conferencing, and integration with other Microsoft 365 apps.
While SharePoint Online is a web-based collaboration and document management platform that allows teams to create, share, and manage content such as files, documents, and lists. SharePoint provides a central location where teams can collaborate, store and organize content, manage workflows, and create custom applications.
While Teams and SharePoint Online can collaborate on projects and documents, they serve different purposes. Teams is ideal for real-time collaboration and communication, while SharePoint Online is better suited for document management and sharing. In fact, Teams provides a SharePoint site for each team to use as a shared file storage location.
In summary, Teams is a chat-based collaboration tool designed for real-time communication, while SharePoint Online is a document management and content collaboration platform designed for file storage and document sharing., and