Comment on page
Joining Teams & Channels
Guest invitation process from Teams
The secretariat has set up a Microsoft Teams/SharePoint collaboration workspace under the United Nations tenant and will invite experts as 'Guests' to the different channels relevant to their chapters.
With guest access, you will have access to teams, documents in channels, resources, chats, and applications. Anyone with a business or consumer email account, such as Outlook, Gmail, or others, can participate as a guest in Teams.
Here are the steps:
After a guest is added to a team, it may take a few hours before they have access.
- 1.When you are invited to join a team, you will receive a welcome email invitation that includes some information about joining Teams and what the guest experience is like. The email will be from "[email protected]." The message's subject will read, "You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams." - see the screenshot below.
- 2.Please accept the invitation by clicking on the link in the invitation. Guests who have a work or school account in Azure Active Directory can accept the invitation and authenticate directly. Other users are sent a one-time passcode to validate their identity (One-time passcode authentication is required).
- 3.After accepting the invitation, you can participate in teams and channels, receive and respond to channel messages, access files in channels, participate in chats, join meetings, collaborate on documents, and more.
Microsoft Teams invite
The new version of Teams allows you to quickly and easily sign in to and switch between multiple accounts and organizations. Search and chat have been streamlined to offer more seamless collaboration opportunities.
You can now log into multiple work, school, and personal accounts using the new Teams.
- 1.Select your profile picture in the top right of the Teams desktop client.
- 2.Select Add another account and enter your credentials in the pop-up window.
You can return to your profile at any time to switch between accounts.
- 1.Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- 2.You will now see a list of the organizations you’ve been invited to.
Switch between organizations in Teams