Data Management Tutorials
The task force on knowledge and data developed a series of short videos called, "The IPBES Data Management Tutorials" to help experts implement the IPBES data management policy. They cover topics ranging from data management policy, reports, active research data, tools, and examples.
The series includes the following chapters:
- 1.Introduction to IPBES data management tutorials (10.5281/zenodo.4014762)
- Provides an overview on data management within the IPBES platform, and the series of the tutorials prepared by the task force on knowledge and data that will assist experts with the implementation of the IPBES data management policy.
- 2.IPBES data management policy (10.5281/zenodo.4014790)
- Provides an introduction of the IPBES data management policy. It discusses why IPBES has a data management policy and who is responsible for what in the implementation and further development of this policy.
- 3.IPBES data management reports (10.5281/zenodo.4014792)
- Provides an overview and discussion of specific elements of IPBES data management reports.
- 4.Data management of active research data (10.5281/zenodo.4014796)
- Provides an introduction for IPBES experts on how to manage data while actively being used, analyzed, and produced to fulfill the criteria of the IPBES data management policy.
- 5.Tools for data management (10.5281/zenodo.4014798 )
- Provides IPBES authors with an overview of open source tools used frequently by the scientific community to help it implement data management for the entire data life cycle.
- 6.Examples of implementing the IPBES data management Policy (10.5281/zenodo.4014802)
- Contains examples of how certain data management tasks and workflows were implemented within IPBES so that they follow the data management policy. These are currently legacy videos and the most recent examples can be found within the technical guidelines here: https://ict.ipbes.net/ipbes-ict-guide/data-management/technical-guidelines
To download these tutorials and their associated content from Zenodo, please click on the overview description here: https://doi.org/ 10.5281/zenodo.4020373 where you can navigate to each chapter and then individual section.